The votes are in! You all decided you wanted me to do a blog post on this super easy turmeric bread recipe! I mean look at how gorgeous this loaf turned out! And on my first try no less.
This recipe has 7 ingredients and if you bake a lot you will definitely have all these ingredients, less the turmeric. But let’s be real everyone went through a turmeric latte, golden milk phase so this is a perfect way to use that spice that’s probably been sitting in your pantry forever!
I was so excited to bake this bread, as it had been on my mind for a few days. I was just hoping to have some time to finally make it! My mom loved it so much that she said I should never make it again because she was going to sit and eat the whole loaf!
The finished product turned out absolutely beautifully golden, deliciously airy and a great crust! I tapped the bottom of the loaf and like all good bread sounded hollow once I tapped it. Major success! Try out this recipe and tag me in it!I would love to see all you try out this recipe!
4 cups of all purpose flour plus extra for dusting
2 teaspoons of salt
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
2 1/4 teaspoon of yeast
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 1/3 of tepid water
1. Mix the flour, turmeric, salt and yeast in a large bowl. Pour in 300ml lukewarm water and the oil.
2. Stir to create a loose dough.
3. Tip the dough onto a lightly floured work surface.
NOTE: the turmeric can stain, so if using a wooden or porous surface, line it with cling wrap.
4. Knead for about 10 mins (or use a stand mixer with a dough hook) until smooth.
5. Form into a ball and place into a lightly oiled bowl, then cover with cling wrap or a clean tea towel and leave to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
6. Knock back the dough by punching the air out and folding the dough over.
7. Form the dough into a ball and place onto a lightly oiled cookie sheet. Cover with a tea towel or plastic wrap and leave to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
8. Preheat the oven to 430F / 220C. Lightly dust the bread with flour and cut a cross into the top. Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until it turns golden and if you knock the bottom it sounds hollow. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.
+ Rosemary Focaccia